HISTORICAL SIGHTSEEING TOURS IN NEWPORT
THE 3-HOUR NEWPORT TOUR
Newport Adventures will meet you at your place of business, hotel, conference center or public place for the start of an exciting private tour of
Newport and area sights / attractions.
- Sailing on Newport Harbor - See authentic America’s Cup Racing Yachts - Tennis Hall of Fame / shops of Bellevue
- Enjoy a Private Lobster Clambake on Land or at Sea - Lunch or Dinner Cruise Packages
- Restaurant Packages - Mansion Tour - CLIFF WALK - Shopping - Beaches More!
Customized tours Design you own available. Tours by foot require comfortable walking shoes.
Transportation can be arranged for any tour. Bikes, trolley, scooters, boats, coach, limousines & vans. Free Pick-up / Drop-Off at the finish.
We work with all major hotels and restaurants / attractions.
Thanks for choosing Newport Adventures
See you soon!
TEAMBUILDING / CORPORATE EVENTS
THE NEWPORT ADVENTURES SCAVENGER HUNT
- Super-fun 90-minute to 3-hour Newport scavenger hunt that is ideal as a team builder, ice-breaker and getting to see some wonderful sights in Newport while your group is in Newport.
- Includes use of new digital cameras, custom teams list with CLUES, team tote bags, maps, pens, Colored ribbons, cool medals / golden trophies, souvenirs and the exciting AWARDS CEREMONY.
- The Newport scavenger hunt takes you to see the top landmarks and historical / nautical attractions.
- See Off-the-beaten path places, beaches, Cliff Walk, historic wharfs and amazing Newport treasures.
- Available by Foot, Stretch Limousines, Custom Vans, Scooters, Bicycles, Helicopter, Yacht and Sailboat.
- After your fun teambuilding scavenger hunt with Newport Adventures, choose a place for lunch or dinner. Meets you at your place of business, hotel, conference center or public place for the START.
- Includes an exciting awards ceremony with prizes, story-telling at a choice of fun spots in Newport.
- A professional slideshow of your group scavenger hunt can be arranged for an added fee.
- Combine your group outing with a sailing adventure, visit to historic Mansions, sunset cruise or lobster clambake.
- Includes a custom made souvenir picture CD mailed or presented to you after your Newport Adventure.
- Include prizes of your own, (i.e. a round of golf, t-shirts, gift cards, gift certificates at local restaurants and more.)
- TEAMS will be formed at the start. The size will be determined by the number of participants.
- Teams will work together to solve their CLUES, take fun and creative pictures, collect things and answer their trivia.
- Please contact Newport Adventures with any additional questions or special requests.
NOW BOOKING for the high season. Call us for a free quote today! Thank you.
CORPORATE TEAMBUILDING EVENTS GREAT FOR MEETINGS / ICE BREAKERS
NEW! 2011 BRIDAL PARTIES / HUNTS
“THE GUYS AND GALS UNITE!”
Amazing Newport Adventures SM
HISTORIC NEWPORT, RHODE ISLAND
NOW BOOKING SAILING ADVENTURES!
Experience Historic Fenway Park, Boston & Newport, Rhode Island!
“Corporate Groups, Schools and Families Love Boston Adventures”
Combine our “Land & Sea Scavenger Hunt” with fun!
See the world-famous International Tennis Hall of Fame at the Casino, Mansions of NEWPORT -The Breakers, Rosecliff, Marble House, Chateau-sur-Mer, retail stores & restaurants, Newport harbor, Fort Adams, historic landmarks and much more on your scavenger hunt by foot or stretch limousines / custom vans. Combine with wedding parties, sales /corporate meetings, social gatherings, birthdays, bachelorette parties and weddings in town. MEETS at Thames Street at The Americas Cup Avenue, the starting point or we can meet you at a hotel, place of business or private residence.
CONVENIENT OFF-STREET PARKING IS AVAILABLE
A memorable time awaits your group, guaranteed!
Book now for the best dates!
CUSTOM ANTIQUE CARS / DELUXE LIMOUSINE / COACHES
1957 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible
1961 Rolls Royce Silver Cloud
Seats 5 passengers
Seat belt equipped
Red and white upholstered interior
Photo Credit: Courtesy of The Preservation Society of Newport County
THE INTERNATIONAL TENNIS HALL OF FAME MUSEUM / NEWPORT CASINO
Built in 1880 by the firm of McKim, Mead and White, the Museum's galleries chronicle the rich history of tennis through interactive exhibits, dynamic videos, and popular memorabilia from historic champions and the superstars of today. Dramatically set in the original club rooms of the Casino, visitors of all ages delight in Stanford White's architectural detail as well as the state-of-the-art gallery experience. In Enshrinee hall, plaques commemorate the great players, coaches, administrators and writers that have been inducted into the International Tennis Hall of Fame. (courtesy ITHF)
“Thanks Eric! The team is still talking about what a good time they had in Newport.”
Regional Sales Manager
NEWPORT HOTELS / INNS:
HOTEL VIKING http://www.hotelviking.com
NEWPORT MARRIOTT http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/pvdlw-newport-marriott/
HYATT REGENCY http://www.newport.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/index.jsp
NEWPORT BAY CLUB & HOTEL http://www.newportbayclub.com/
WYNDHAM INN ON THE HARBOR http://www.wyndham.com/hotels/PVDHI/main.wnt
WHITE HORSE TAVERN http://www.whitehorsetavern.us/
THE RED PARROT http://www.redparrotrestaurant.com/
THE MOORING http://www.mooringrestaurant.com/
THE BLACK PEARL http://www.blackpearlnewport.com/
22 BOWEN’S WINE BAR http://www.22bowens.com/
ATLANTIC BEACH CLUB http://www.atlanticbeachclub.com/
THE DECK http://www.waiteswharf.com/site_flash/atthedeck.html
O’BRIEN’S PUB http://www.theobrienspub.com/
PLAY OUR HISTORICAL TRIVIA!
1. Q: WHAT Motor yacht was originally built for two New Jersey mobsters to elude the Coast Guard while speeding cases of "Hooch"?
2. Q: What year was NEWPORT founded and by how many people?
3. Q: The International Tennis Hall of Fame on Bellevue Avenue is home of the legends of tennis that include… Name (3) famous players. (who are your favorites)
3. Q: The White Horse Tavern (1687) in Newport is one of the oldest tavern buildings in America. (TRUE OR FALSE)
4. Q: The first truly American breed of horse, the ____________Pacer, was developed in Rhode Island in the late 1600s. It's said that Paul Revere rode one during his midnight ride to Lexington and Cord, Massachusetts!
6. Q: If you lived in NEWPORT 300 years ago, what kind of work would you most likely be doing?
7. Q: Before the ______ ___ ___ __ Party (1773) and prior to "The Shot Heard 'Round the World" at Lexington (1775), Rhode Island patriots expressed their displeasure with British rule by burning the grounded British revenue schooner Gaspee at Namquit (now Gaspee) Point in 1772.
8. Q: The first U.S. National Men's Tennis Championship took place at Newport Casino in what year?
9. Q: The nine-hole course at Newport's Golf and Country Club was the venue for the first U.S. Open Championship, conducted by the United States Golf Association took place in what year?
10. Q: Rhode Island was the only state to reject and not ratify an amendment to the United States Constitution, prohibiting the sale of alcoholic beverages. Rhode Island rumrunners subsequently made a tidy profit ferrying liquor ashore from beyond the three-mile limit. Which amendment?
SAVE! BOOK NOW
1. RUM RUNNER II,
2. Newport was founded in 1639 and its eight founders and first officers were Nicholas Easton, William Coddington, John Clarke, John Coggeshall, William Brenton, Jeremy Clark, Thomas Hazard, and Henry Bull
3. Arthur Ashe, Steffie Graf and Jimmy Connor to name 3 of the more than 200.
5. NARRAGANSETT PACER
6. CARPENTER, SHIP BUILDER, FISHERMAN, MASON, TRADER, etc.
7. BOSTON “TEA PARTY”
9. The first U.S. Open was played on October 4, 1895, on a nine-hole course at the Newport Country Club in Newport, Rhode Island. A prize fund of $335, plus a $50 gold medal.
10. Eighteenth Amendment
Reservations / Information
Call (800) 936-0277